Monday, February 15, 2010

Beets

Christi,

In response to your last post, here is a way to keep beets from going bad. Easy recipe and you don't even have to wash them before baking them. Weird, I know! They'd be good just sliced up with thinly sliced red onion and chunks of feta on a salad. Or just on their own.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Baked-Beets-72861

As far as the kiddies go, I used to puree these for Lucas on occasion. Read up on feeding kids lots of root veggies when they are infants because they say that the high nitrate content depletes their iron levels, but I think it's good for them to develop a taste for them. Lucas is still attracted to them on salad bars and will eat a few bites. I have a picture of him at 5 months looking like a clown with a beet mustache/beard. When I find it I will post it.

Natali

No comments:

Post a Comment