Sunday, January 10, 2010

Easy Whole Wheat Shells and White Cheddar with Broccoli

Last night I decided to cook a box of Annie's Homegrown Organic Whole Wheat Shells & White Cheddar that I had on hand. I made it according to the directions on the box, adding the optional two tablespoons unsalted butter for a richer flavor and simply for the addition of the good fat. In an attempt to get some vegetables into Elsa's little body as well, I also steamed some broccoli (about the equivalent of one broccoli crown) and then pureed it and mixed it in with the macaroni and cheese. The result? A decently healthy meal and a very happy Elsa. Whereas I cannot seem to get her to eat plain steamed broccoli as a fingerfood, she ate this without fuss and continued to sign for "more."






1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Lily would love it, too. She looooves pasta. Elsa's a doll, by the way.

    ReplyDelete